Sugar Industry Technologists Inc.
BULLETIN BOARD & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Trevor Ohlson was elected President of SIT for 2017 - 2018 at the Annual Technical Congress held in Tainan, ROC.
- Applications for Papers and Posters for the SIT Technical Conference to be held March 25-28, 2018, in Bonita Springs, Florida, USA are being accepted by Program Chairman
- Peter Maraia received the Crystal Award.
- The Meade Award for the 2016 Technical Congress was presented to Jesse Williams and Elizabeth Mendonca, ASR Group - American Sugar Refining, Inc., Yonkers, NY, USA for the best paper, SIT Paper #1140, "Operational Improvements of Granular Activated Carbon Station through Continuous Improvement".
- The Frank Chapman Award for the 2016 Technical Congress was presented to Jose Manuel ChorŃo, RAR Refinarias de A?˙car Reunidas, Carlos Alberto Alves and Arnaldo Oliveira Ara˙jo, Air Liquide Portugal for the best poster, SIT Paper #1149, "Pre-Carbonatation with Pure CO2 in a Cane Sugar Refinery".
- The next Executive Committee meeting will be by conference call on Thursday, September 21, 2017, at 8:00 AM Eastern Time.
- The next Board of Directors Meeting will be held on Sunday, March 25, 2018, 3:30 PM, at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort, Bonita Springs, FL, USA